Whether you’re cleaning with it, swimming in it, or drinking it, your life revolves around water. It makes up two-thirds of your body, and you can’t live without it. Anderson Water Systems in Rochester, NY specializes in water filters and drinking systems, and want to educate customers on the importance of staying hydrated. Drinking water will quench your thirst, but there are countless other reasons why indulging in a refreshing glass will benefit your body.
Here are five important benefits of staying hydrated:
- Stay Slim: If you’re interested in losing weight, upping your water intake is the easiest weight-loss strategy out there. The more water you drink, the faster you’ll feel full. You’ll eat less and increase your metabolism.
- Boost Your Energy: You may rely on your daily cup of coffee to get you moving, but an icy glass of water will have the same effects with fewer calories. Water helps your blood transport oxygen to your cells, and that means your heart doesn’t have to work as hard to pump. Installing a water filter in your home will keep you energized all day long.
- Reduce Stress: Your body needs water to function; when it doesn’t have enough, things tend to go wrong. Studies have shown that even mild dehydration affects stress levels and a person’s overall mood.
- Protect Your Joints & Cartilage: According to Medicine Net, nearly 350 million people worldwide suffer from arthritis. While drinking water may not completely prevent the disease, staying hydrated helps your joints and cartilage. Water keeps them supple, lubricated, and pain-free.
- Think More Clearly: Brain tissue is 85% water, and when you’re dehydrated, that tissue shrinks. This means your brain will have to work extra hard to perform at the same mental level you’re used to. If you’re preparing to take an important test or faced with a particular problem, downing a few glasses of water may improve the results.
The lists of benefits to staying hydrated goes on and on. To meet your daily allotment of water, you’ll need the right water filter from Anderson Water Systems. Call them today at (800) 836-2509, or visit them on Facebook for more information about filtration systems.