What a week it has been. Health care continues to dominate our society's attention. Let us regroup. Let us know as soon as you can about your plan for dinner, so we can choose an appropriate venue.
Arrive when you are able. We usually begin to order and begin a group conversation at 7pm.
These dinners are a a commitment to yourself, your practice, your patients and your peers. Welcome members from DC MC area groups to support everyone who want to participate.
See your refined profiles:
If your profile needs an update, let us know.
Here are some updates, goals, logistics and plans that have evolved here, in VA, DC and NY that support our dynamic interdisciplinary conversation and agenda for the next few dinners:
Plan to introduce your practice strategies, methods, innovations and challenges. Plan 5 minutes from the heart. Expect questions. Ask questions. Remember, there are often questions after your initial introduction. If possible, hold questions until one is finished speaking, usually. Let us also discuss the groups goals for the year.
Some additional possibilities:
- Create highly functional collaborations between complementary practices and everyone who participates as well as with seemingly unrelated health care groups.
- Referrals with a transference of good will, information and understanding using Facebook, Linkedin.com, Instagram, links to profiles, biz cards, brochures.
- Who do we best support? Our cardiologist and ob/gyn have taken a leave of absence. What other disciplines? Who would our community benefit? Who would you like to see?
- Lecture series for the public at a library? An evening series of talks for the public with one presenter per 20 minutes in a public and local space.
- Sharing of offices, locations, staff, teams, marketing and other resources, etc.
- Referrals to our other groups, encourage referrals from those groups and build your relationships with those clinicians.
- Use our brand and badge, available on your site, linking your commitment to Interdisciplinary Collaboration.
- Sharing with social media, in emails, on calls, etc really support trust and relationship. Often, it is simple for colleagues aligned or complementary with you to just see each others offices and/or have lunch and learns. It is not easy to understand what exactly each other does and how exactly to refer. In NYC, many have had open houses.
- Optimize and collaborate with The Functional Forum nationally and locally for education, community and networking. This is a fantastic group that also offers local meet-ups. perhaps we could co-create meet-ups collaboratively. We attended a wonderful program Monday evening in Alexandria.
- Find work/life balance, wellness and additional ways to support personal health on all levels and in all ways through productive and positive practices.
- Should we let the public know about our interdisciplinary discussions with a separate web site or something else?
- Consider Co-leading or leading a retreats with our infrastructure and marketing support at our near ideal facility. We have several members scheduling and will keep everyone updated on upcoming retreats.
- What have we learned this year that will change the way we live and work?
- Where are we headed in 2017?
Thank you for your commitment. Few dispute that our health care is in need of an interdisciplinary approach. Our collaborations work, on a referral basis as well on for education and community. In NY, DC, NJ, VA & MD we see successes even from diverse disciplines.
Your feedback, input is welcome.
If you want/need constructive R & R for the winter season:
See our retreat page on the site: http://www.metrocollaborative.com/collaborative-retreat
PERFECTING POSITIVE PRACTICES, A Winter Retreat
January 8 --- January 15, 2017
During this 8 day week, The Metrocollaborative team (which is expanding) plans consecutive, supportive, collaborative mini retreats 3-4 days, each on Perfecting Positive Practices, with organic, raw and whole foods, yoga and holistic wellness practices. Geared for clinicians, business owners and innovators in health and wellness, as well as individuals wanting to deepen their skills in leadership, self-care and strategic planning. We host our attendees at our highly rated retreat center: Villaserena.com in the Dominican Republic:
Perfecting Positive Practices is a unique blend of discussion and guided practices for health care professionals and those wanting to deepen systematic practices and personal growth. Exercises, Interdisciplinary collaboration, life/work balance, practice expansion, professional clarity, reinvention and rejuvenation. Core conversations with essential solutions on health and health care.
We will also support clinicians and retreat leaders wanting to lead or co-lead programs with infrastructure, global marketing, teaching assistance; etc. at villaserena.com If you have an interest, let us know. We have upcoming programs in April and June 2017.
Our most successful members refer clinicians they like and respect.....
When asked, "what are Interdisciplinary Collaborative Dinners?"
I send a version of this template with adjustments appropriate:
We bring together small groups of innovative DDSs, MDs, DCs, DOs, Ph.Ds, mental, elder care, finance and alternative health professionals to create community, understanding and referrals. Sharing what we do and don't do. Currently we have two Manhattan groups and one in Westchester/Fairfield as well as in MD, DC, VA, an emerging group near Philadelphia.
Each group is diverse, dynamic, committed to learning from each other. One clinician per discipline or "niche," our intimate settings development of genuine relationships, understanding, trust, referral and collaboration.
This innovative environment fosters the growth of high-quality practices and good times.
- Membership includes six dinners, usually w/ one group, if you miss a dinner, seek to be a guest at another dinner.
- Our website, as part of the Metro Collaborative group, with your own bio page, which is optimized for web search engines.
- Inclusion in cross-Metro Collaborative group events, such as colleague’s informal get togethers, practice open houses, parties, updates from the functionalforum.com
- Invitations & discounts to our Caribbean retreats on practice management, health care, self-care, integrative medicine, leadership and transitions.
- Access consulting, web design, marketing, specialty groups.
- Our regular update/newsletter, polls and announcements.
- Access to meetings in MD, DC, Tysons Corners, VA as well as greater NYC, including White Plains and sometimes, Greenwich, CT.
- Our retreats, light programs geared for relaxation and rejuvenation as well as some discussion on the private practice. We will bask in nature, enjoy community, practice healthy habits; etc. See: http://www.metrocollaborative.com/collaborative-retreat-menu/
- Give a short presentation at each meeting on your work, specialty and practice and listen to others do the same, giving an expanded knowledge of the practices and approaches of your Metro Collaborative peers, this is also your opportunity (if you so choose) to teach the Collaborative about what you do.
- Practical strategic partnership discussions; balancing quality care and your practice needs.
- A living community of support, discussing topics and sharing experiences on how to best handle every day and bigger picture issues in your practice: difficult patients, how to balance quality care to scaling your business, motivating and training staff, social media management, website strategies, and insurance coordination, to name a few.
- Quality clinician connections, allowing you to effectively have a multi-disciplinary approach to health care and the care of your patients, collaboration and trustworthy referrals become the norm as you communicate what you do with your colleagues regularly.
- Details; please visit: http://www.metrocollaborative.com/#home-5-section (especially the group member profiles and vision pages; all members of each group is listed. Some belong to multiple groups).