Wilson & Roy Construction understands how important it is for homeowners to have a septic system that works. Without it, you could face costly—and potentially hazardous—sewage problems. That’s why these trenching contractors in Pulaski County encourage all septic system owners to know when repair or a new septic tank installation is necessary.
If you own a septic system, stay on the lookout for these five warning signs septic tank repair or replacement is needed:
- Sewage Backup: One of the most immediate signs you need septic tank maintenance is when sewage backs up into your home. To find out what to do, take a look at the water level in the sewage tank. If it’s below the outlet, you just need septic service to unclog the connection between the tank and the house. However, if the water level is higher, there is a problem with the tank itself and it may need to be replaced.
- Strange Patches Of Healthy Grass: If vegetation is strangely healthy in certain areas around the septic tank, there’s a chance you may have a leak. Leaked sewage often promotes fast-growing grass. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may have to purchase and install a new septic tank.
- Foul Odor: If there’s a rotten smell in your home or yard, you should call a septic service immediately. While the problem may be fixed with simple repairs, it could also indicate the septic tank is severely damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Pools Of Standing Water: When puddles of sewage build up around or above the septic tank, your sewage may not be dispersing properly. If it’s not attended to quickly, the weight of the effluent can crush the septic tank, requiring replacement. In other cases, you may need to have a new drain field installed to prevent harmful bacteria contamination in your yard.
- Slow Flushing: When your toilets aren’t working as they once did, your septic tank is likely having problems processing and distributing waste. In these cases, your system may be clogged, damaged, or overflowing.
The best way to tell if you need septic tank repairs or a new septic tank installation is to consult with a professional. If you need a new tank, Wilson & Ray Construction offers many varieties of septic tanks for sale in Nancy, KY. These pros can provide a custom septic tank designed to fit your exact specifications and sewage needs. Learn more about their underground utilities installation services online or call them at (606) 636-6457 for 24-hour service.