When building a parking lot, having a thoroughly thought-out design is essential to making it a functional space. The parking area is the first and last thing a customer sees when they visit an establishment, and it’s important to make that experience pleasant.
- Functionality: A parking lot design should have an efficient layout that maximizes the space without sacrificing ease of movement. The parking stalls must be designed to accommodate vehicles of all sizes. The entry and exit locations should be placed strategically, and pedestrians moving through the parking lot to and from their vehicles must also be taken into account.
- Aesthetics: The design of the parking lot should complement the design of its surrounding structures. Consider using corporate colors and logos for marketing purposes.
- Security: Security is a major concern, especially in places where there is a lot of foot traffic. Security features should be incorporated as needed, such as bright lighting, monitored CCTV cameras, security guards, and controlled security gates.
- Sustainability: This should be taken into consideration when planning parking lot design in order to create an environmentally-friendly and resource-efficient structure. For example, a parking building is more sustainable than a single story parking lot as it more efficiently makes use of the land area and can easily accommodate expansion.
- Durability: The parking lot must be able to withstand extreme conditions, especially in places that experience harsh weather. Knowing the life cycle of the parking lot’s features will allow engineers to plan its maintenance schedule.
A lot more planning than we generally think goes toward parking lot design. And once it’s built, also requires regular maintenance from experienced professionals. Advanced Pavement Marking is an established full-service paving company dedicated to providing you with excellent pavement repair and marking services, among others. Call them at (845) 913-8186 or visit their website to learn more about their services.