Are you tired of your cramped bathroom? Does it feel small or dark? If you’re less than pleased with the current design of your bathroom, you’re in luck, because the bathroom design specialists at Devine Creations Design Center say there are several things you can do to maximize its space. Based in Middletown, NJ, Devine Creations Design Center provides residents all throughout the Monmouth County region with superior bathroom remodeling services, but they’ve also come up with a list of helpful tips homeowners can follow to create the illusion of more space in small bathrooms.
Here are five ways you can create the illusion of more space in your cramped bathroom:
- Install Glass Shower Doors: Rather than a shower curtain, install glass doors on your shower or bathtub enclosure. This will make the room appear larger, and it’s a great way to give a boring bathroom a simple face-lift.
- Recessed Lighting: A dark, dingy bathroom can appear small and cramped, so to make it feel more open, install indirect lighting. Devine Creations Design Center’s bathroom design experts suggest using recessed ceiling lights. They’re a great alternative to big, bulky light fixtures above mirrors that can make ceilings feel low.
- Add A Window: If your bathroom sits along an exterior wall, consider installing a window. The natural light will make the space feel more expansive. Skylights are also great for bringing natural light into bathrooms.
- Clear Floor Space: If your bathroom feels cramped, remove anything that doesn’t need to be in it. For example, laundry baskets, scales, and garbage bins should be tucked away inside cabinets or stored elsewhere. Open floor space will trick the eye, making your bathroom appear larger than it actually is.
- Paint: A coat of paint goes a long way, according to the bathroom design experts at Devine Creations Design Center. Opt for light colors, which will make the space feel less cramped. You can add accessories, like linens and decorations, for a pop of bold color.
If you’d like more ideas on how to make your bathroom appear larger, call Devine Creations Design Center today at (732) 856-9661. Not only does this home remodeling company design functional bathroom spaces, but they’re experts on complete home renovations, including kitchen remodels. You can visit their website to learn more about the services they offer. To stay up to date on the latest trends in home and bathroom design, like them on Facebook.