Thanks for our successful dinner/meeting 9/26 at the Rye Bar and Grille and for your commitment to your practices and your peers. We missed a few of you and pray you will join us on 11/28
Here are some rough updates, goals, logistics and plans as well as an agenda for dinner.
Please see our new group and individual profiles:
Please bring enough business cards and/or brochures and plan to introduce your some combinations of your services, successes, strategies, methods, innovations and challenges. Plan 5 refined minutes. Expect questions. Ask questions. Remember, there are often questions after your initial introduction. If possible, hold questions until one is finished speaking, usually. Let us also discuss the groups goals for the year.
Here are some possibilities:
- Create highly functional collaborations between complementary practices and everyone who participates as well as with seemingly unrelated health care groups.
- Referrals with a transference of good will, information and understanding using Facebook, Linkedin.com, Instagram, links to profiles, biz cards, brochures.
- Who do we best support? Our cardiologist and ob/gyn have taken a leave of absence. What other disciplines? Who would our community benefit? Who would you like to see?
- Lecture series for the public at a library? An evening series of talks for the public with one presenter per 20 minutes in a public and local space.
- Sharing of offices and teams, marketing and other resources, etc.
- Refer to our other groups, encourage referrals from those groups and build your relationships with those clinicians.
- Use our brand and badge, available on your site, linking your commitment to Interdisciplinary Collaboration.
- Sharing with social media, in emails, on calls, etc really support trust and relationship. Often, it is simple for colleagues aligned or complementary with you to just see each others offices and/or have lunch and learns. It is not easy to understand what exactly each other does and how exactly to refer. In NYC, many have had open houses.
- Optimize and collaborate with The Functional Forum nationally and locally for education, community and networking. This is a fantastic group that also offers local meet-ups. perhaps we could co-create meet-ups collaboratively. We attended a wonderful program Monday evening in Alexandria.
- Find work/life balance, wellness and additional ways to support personal health on all levels and in all ways through productive and positive practices.
- Westchester Magazine and/or a separate web site.
Thank you for your commitment. Few dispute that our health care is in need of interdisciplinary approaches, for every one's sake. Collaboration works, even if on a basic referral basis. In NY, DC, NJ, VA & MD we see success even from diverse disciplines. Your feedback, input: welcome.
Our most successful members refer clinicians they like and respect.....
When asked, "what are Interdisciplinary Collaborative Dinners?"
I send a version of this template with adjustments appropriate:
We bring together small groups of innovative DDSs, MDs, DCs, DOs, Ph.Ds, mental, elder care, finance and alternative health professionals to create community, understanding and referrals. Sharing what we do and don't do. Currently we have two Manhattan groups and one in Westchester/Fairfield as well as in MD, DC, VA, an emerging group near Philadelphia.
Each group is diverse, dynamic, committed to learning from each other. One clinician per discipline or "niche," our intimate settings development of genuine relationships, understanding, trust, referral and collaboration.
This innovative environment fosters the growth of high-quality practices and good times.
- Yearly membership in Metro Collaborative includes six dinners, usually w/ one group, if you miss a dinner, seek to be a guest at another dinner.
- Presence on our website, as part of the Metro Collaborative group, with your own bio page, which is optimized for web search engines.
- Inclusion in cross-Metro Collaborative group events, such as colleague’s informal get togethers, practice open houses, parties, etc.
- Invitations & discounts to our Caribbean retreats on practice management, health care, self-care, integrative medicine, leadership and transitions.
- Access consulting, web design, marketing, specialty groups.
- Our regular update/newsletter, polls and announcements.
- Access to meetings in MD, DC, Tysons Corners, VA as well as greater NYC, including White Plains and sometimes, Greenwich, CT.
- Our retreats, light programs geared for relaxation and rejuvenation as well as some discussion on the private practice. We will bask in nature, enjoy community, practice healthy habits; etc. See: http://www.metrocollaborative.com/collaborative-retreat-menu/
- Give a short presentation at each meeting on your work, specialty and practice and listen to others do the same, giving an expanded knowledge of the practices and approaches of your Metro Collaborative peers, this is also your opportunity (if you so choose) to teach the Collaborative about what you do.
- Practical strategic partnership discussions; balancing quality care and your practice needs.
- A living community of support, discussing topics and sharing experiences on how to best handle every day and bigger picture issues in your practice: difficult patients, how to balance quality care to scaling your business, motivating and training staff, social media management, website strategies, and insurance coordination, to name a few.
- Quality clinician connections, allowing you to effectively have a multi-disciplinary approach to health care and the care of your patients, collaboration and trustworthy referrals become the norm as you communicate what you do with your colleagues regularly.
- Details; please visit: http://www.metrocollaborative.com/#home-5-section (especially the group member profiles and vision pages; all members of each group is listed. Some belong to multiple groups)
For those wanting constructive R & R to begin the winter season:
PERFECTING POSITIVE PRACTICES Sophisticated Ideas in a Beautiful Setting
January 8 --- January 15, 2017
During this 8 day week, Our committed professional team plan consecutive, supportive, collaborative mini retreats 3-4 days each on Perfecting Positive Practices, with organic, raw and whole foods, yoga, homeopathy and collaborative wellness practices. These Collaborative Retreats are geared for clinicians, business owners and innovators in health and wellness, as well as individuals wanting to deepen their skills in leadership, self-care and strategic planning. We host our attendees at Villa Serena in the Dominican Republic:
villaserena.com or see our retreat page on the site: http://www.metrocollaborative.com/collaborative-retreat
1/13-1/15: Perfecting Positive Practices, For health care professionals: A Collaborative Retreat, supports a systematic practice and personal growth with lots of exercises, organic and whole and organic food Interdisciplinary collaboration, life/work balance, practice expansion, professional clarity, reinvention and rejuvenation. Core conversations with essential solutions on health and health care. We will also support clinicians wanting to lead or co-lead programs with infrastructure, global marketing, teaching assistance; etc. more details forthcoming.
I look forward to seeing you.