If you’ve considered starting a career in real estate, you’ll need to do more than just pass your state’s licensing exams. The professionals at EXIT Real Estate Results in Longwood, FL, say that while realtors should have extensive knowledge of real estate principles, there’s much more to growing a successful career in the industry. Real estate agents should possess special skillsets like good communication skills and a strong work ethic.
If you want to pursue a new career in real estate, here are five things to consider:
- Attend A Reputable Real Estate School: Before you can begin a career in real estate, you’ll need to acquire the necessary training. Choose a real estate school that has a strong reputation and is recognized by your state’s licensing agency.
- Understand Your Expenses: A career in real estate doesn’t come without expenses. Besides paying to take real estate classes and licensing exams, you’ll need to make continuous investments throughout your career. Expenses include ongoing real estate training, association membership dues, marketing costs, internet and phone fees, and other business expenses.
- It Takes Work: If you’ve decided to become a real estate agent because it seems like an easy career path, know that being a realtor takes hard work and persistence. You’ll need to develop a marketing and client retention plan, network with other professionals in the industry, and attend reoccurring training to keep your real estate license active.
- Evening & Weekend Hours: Most real estate agents work evenings and weekends since their clients often aren’t available for showings during daytime hours. Additionally, most realtors hold open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. If you prefer a job with consistent weekday hours, becoming a realtor may not be the best career choice.
- Find Your Niche: To have a prosperous career in real estate, consider finding a niche in the industry. You’ll need to determine how you’ll stand out as an agent and why home buyers and sellers will want to choose you over others. Real estate niches include selling high-end luxury homes, working with first-time home buyers, or being the representing agent for new housing developments.
To learn more about what a career in real estate is all about, consult Longwood’s top brokers at EXIT Real Estate Results. Call their office at (407) 758-8102, or visit their website for information on exciting career opportunities in the real estate field.
Learn more by attending our 60 Minutes With EXIT workshop
Wednesdays November 9th & 16th at 6:00 pm
2501 W 434 State Road Ste 125A Longwood FL 32779