Are you tired of that dreadful 70’s tile in your bathroom? How about that less-than-spacious shower or single-sink vanity? If you’re no longer in love with the look or functionality of your bathroom, you’ve probably considered a remodel. Before you start renovations, Devine Creations Design Center, Middletown, NJ’s, top home remodeling design studio, says there’re some things you need know.
Bathroom remodeling can be expensive, so to know how to spend your money wisely, take a look at what the bathroom design experts at Devine Creations Design Center say you should and shouldn’t do:
- Do Budget Realistically: When planning a bathroom remodel, you should always establish a budget. Consider the cost of materials and labor when figuring dollar amounts. More importantly, always allow for a little wiggle room in your budget, as more often than not, unexpected costs arise when doing home renovation projects.
- Don’t Rush the Remodel: Remodeling is exciting, and you’re probably anxious to finish your project so you can enjoy the bathroom of your dreams, but be careful not to rush the process. Take your time when completing the renovation. Shop all your options, choose materials wisely, and consider how space will work for you long-term.
- Do Hide the Toilet: If you’re planning a master bathroom remodel, keep the toilet out of sight. Current trends in bathroom design involve water closets, which are essentially another small room inside the bathroom for meant just for the toilet. You can also hide it behind a half wall if your bathroom doesn’t have the space for a water closet.
- Don’t Disregard Water Efficiency: Bathroom remodels can be costly, but if you’re interested in saving money in the long run, think water efficiency when planning your design. Choose toilets, showerheads, and sink faucets that offer water conservation features. The Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense program conveniently labels these types of products.
- Do Hire a Contractor: A bathroom remodel is a large overhaul to take on yourself. To ensure the job gets done right and no corners are cut, hire a contractor to handle the renovations. While hiring help will likely cost more than a do-it-yourself project, it will ensure your new bathroom is up to par and working properly.
Ready to start your bathroom remodel? Call the Monmouth County pros at Devine Creations Design Center today at (732) 856-9661 to start discussing your ideas. To start browsing materials, visit their website to see what products they offer.