If you own a car, you need insurance coverage to protect you and your property in the case of an accident. Each insurance company offers various levels of protection at different costs. From your age to your job, an insurance agent looks at all kinds of factors when deciding what your rates should be. However, Manhattan, NY-based insurance broker Sun Ray Corp says there are several ways you can control and lower your car insurance costs.
Here are five factors that can affect your car insurance rate and ways to lower it:
- Tickets: The more traffic tickets you rack up, the riskier you appear to your insurance company and the more they will charge you. Getting fewer violations equals lower rates.
- Accidents: Just as with traffic tickets, having multiple accidents on your record makes you a riskier customer to take on—sometimes even if the collisions weren't your fault. Drive safely to avoid accidents, and you will see your rates lower over time.
- Type Of Car: A fast, sporty, or luxurious car will be more expensive to insure than a more modest vehicle like a minivan. Downgrading your ride often means lower insurance rates.
- Location: Average car insurance rates vary based on where you live. Heavily populated urban cities tend to be more expensive than rural areas. Move to the suburbs and you’ll likely notice lower costs.
- Credit Score: Your credit score can affect your car insurance coverage, with a lower score resulting in higher rates. Control your financial debts to help reduce what you pay for insurance.
When you need insurance at an affordable price, rely on Sun Ray Corp. This family-owned insurance agency in Chinatown has been helping New Yorkers get the insurance coverage they need for over 30 years. For the best rates on car insurance, home insurance, and other policies, call them at (212) 732-5280 or visit them online.