Cremation has become increasingly popular over the past few decades. There are many reasons for choosing cremation over a traditional burial service, ranging from religious beliefs to an increasingly mobile society where families are more likely to move. Rebold Funeral Home & Crematory in Cincinnati, OH, offers their expert insight on why an ever-growing number of Americans are choosing cremation.
Here are several reasons why you might want to consider cremation when you or a loved one passes:
- Personalized Approach: While family and religious traditions are still followed by many people, others are choosing more unique and alternative means of celebrating the lives of their loved ones. Services related to cremation—like scattering ashes or planting a memorial tree—speak to this desire.
- Environmental Concerns: In general, cremation is seen as a more eco-friendly option than a casket. Not only does it avoid taking up space in the earth, but it also eliminates the need to use heavy chemicals for embalming.
- Greater Flexibility: When planning a funeral, most services should take place within 10 days. If you need more time than that, such as for when guests have to travel overseas to attend the services, the extra time allowed by cremation can be beneficial.
- Support Science: People who choose to donate their bodies to medical science after their death are supporting organ donation or research. Following such a donation, the body is cremated, and the remains are returned to the family.
- Lower Cost: Cremation tends to be less expensive than a burial. It allows families to save on the cost of land plots, as well as those associated with an open casket visitation.
If you are interested in cremation options in Cincinnati, OH, the professionals at Rebold Funeral Home & Crematory will be happy to help. Visit their online resource center or call (513) 389-1800 to find out more about their diverse funeral arrangement options.