Whether you’re an accomplished musician or looking to supplement your child’s creative education, buying a piano is a big investment. After years of helping families near Dothan, AL, with piano repairs and moving services, Whitman Music & Computers offers unrivaled advice on choosing the perfect piano for sale.
Here’s what you should consider before investing in a piano for your family:
- Set Your Budget: With pianos for sale in every price range, you can look for both new and used pianos to find the one that best suits you. While it’s rarely a good idea to buy the cheapest available musical instrument, many older pianos sound just as beautiful as their newer, pricier alternatives.
- Measure Your Space: A baby grand piano both looks and sounds stunning, but it can easily hog a great deal of space. For most families, an upright placed against a wall is the most reasonable option.
- Consider The Keys: Since modern pianos are made with synthetic keys, it’s important to play them in person and make sure they aren’t too slippery to play. While ivory keys on older pianos feel great, chipped keys will be difficult to replace due to modern restrictions on the ivory trade.
- Sample The Sound: If you’re not an expert musician, you might be happy with a range of piano sounds. Some pianos sound tinny or twangy, so determine which tone you prefer before making a final purchase. You can also have a piano tuner check the soundboard and make sure everything is in quality, playable condition.
- Like The Look: Similar to fine furniture, pianos come in a range of wood finishes and styles. Choose a piano for sale that will add to your interior design and cooperate with your décor—after all, a piano isn’t an instrument you can pack away in a case!
When you’re looking for a piano for sale to bring joy to your family home, call Whitman Music & Computers in Dothan at (334) 794-6777, or visit their website to find out more.