Pests are often drawn into homes because of the promise of food, water, and shelter. However, there are plenty of ways to discourage them from entering. Aloha Termite & Pest Control in Wahiawa, HI, has almost 20 years of experience in dealing with Hawaii’s peskiest pests, specializing in pest management for roaches, centipedes, carpenter ants, and more.
These exterminators recommend homeowners adopt these pest management practices:
- Check Your Roof For Moisture: Roofs and gutters are breeding grounds for many types of bugs and insects, including mosquitoes and roaches. Make sure there’s no trapped debris creating puddles of water in your gutters or on your roof.
- Treat Your Crawlspace: On parts of the island, the ground is wetter than others, which makes crawlspaces vulnerable to moisture. Pests are drawn to water, so consider installing a plastic barrier to prevent moisture from building up.
- Empty Your Garbage: When pests search for food, they find the smell of your home’s garbage enticing. By emptying your garbage containers on a regular basis, you deter them from coming inside in search of food.
- Keep Piles Of Wood Away: Stacking wood against or letting fallen trees gather near your home is an invitation to wood-destroying insects such as termites. Keep all piles of wood as far away from your home’s foundation as possible.
- Perform Landscaping: In the same vein, you should keep tree branches away from your roof, trim bushes, and maintain your lawn. Pests can use any close-hanging shrubbery to climb into your home through open windows or holes.
If you need help with pest management anywhere on the island of Oahu, contact Aloha Termite & Pest Control for both immediate and long-term cases. With the experience, training, and tools to succeed, their pest control specialists know how to deal with unwanted ants, centipedes, termites, and more. Call (808) 622-2268 or submit the online form to schedule a free inspection today.