When truck drivers are tired or overworked, they pose a risk to themselves and everyone on the road around them. If you want to talk to a personal injury attorney because you sustained serious injuries in a collision with a truck, turn to Nagle & Associates, PA for an immediate free consultation. Founding attorney Carl Nagle is a former insurance adjuster and former insurance defense lawyer. He worked for years defending truck drivers and trucking companies, and he can tell you how the other side will approach your case.
Here are five steps to take following a truck accident:
- Avoid Any Admissions: Police who arrive at the scene may want to question you if you are not seriously injured. After police complete their report, insurance adjusters will contact you and they are only looking for reasons to either deny your claims, or reduce their claim payments. In all post accident conversations, it is important to be truthful but to avoid taking responsibility for the collision in conversation. Do not apologize or admit fault, since it is likely too early to determine who actually caused the accident and assuming guilt at the scene will only damage your future case.
- Report The Accident: If police do not arrive on the scene, it is important to report the accident even if no one sustained serious bodily injury. Call 911 to report the accident.
- Get Medical Care: Some injuries take time to manifest symptoms, so even if you feel fine immediately following the crash, it is important to be mindful of any symptoms that arise during the first 48 hours after your accident and to report any symptoms to a doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor can rule out any internal damage or a concussion.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider: Once you have addressed any serious injuries, it is time to contact your insurance company. Review your policy before you call to make sure you understand your coverage first. Also, if the accident was not your fault, please know that involving your insurance company will not harm your coverage or raise your car insurance rates.
- Contact A Personal Injury Attorney: fSuccessful personal injury attorneys always offer free legal consultations. Even if you prefer not to hire an attorney, speak with a lawyer to understand your legal rights and options. Insurance adjusters in truck accident cases work immediately to defend the truck driver. Call a lawyer know to understand how to deal safely with insurance adjusters, and to learn how to secure fair compensation for all of your legal claims agains the truck driver and all insurance carriers who owe for your losses.
Truck accidents are scary, but if you are recovering from injuries sustained in such a collision, you are not alone; Nagle & Associates, PA is a statewide injury law practice that only handles roadway collision cases. Visit their website or Facebook page to learn more about their extensive experience negotiating with insurance providers, and call (800) 411-1583 to talk to an experienced truck collision attorney today.