Fertilizer seems to be a hot topic these days. Everyone has questions, and pseudo-experts everywhere seem to have answers, but what’s the truth?
Below, the experts from The Lawn Surgeon in Cromwell, Connecticut, answer all your questions about fertilizer and provide a few landscaping tips as well:
- What Is Fertilizer? Fertilizer is an organic or synthetic substance that can be used to help plants grow more effectively. It is typically applied to homeowners’ lawns and gardens in the early spring.
- How Does It Work? Fertilizer works by providing the plants with a surplus of important vitamins and minerals they need. These are typically Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium, which enrich the soil to give the plants a better environment to grow in.
- Is It Safe? For the most part, fertilizers are very safe. In the past, there has been some concern that it can leak into the waterways and harm humans, but there has been no research showing that these vitamins and minerals have any negative effect on human health.
- What’s The Point? Using fertilizer for your yard and garden has both practical and aesthetic benefits. It can allow your crops to grow bigger and stronger, while also giving your flowers a more vibrant color. It’s an important landscaping tool in and of itself.
- How Is It Used? Fertilizer should be used following the directions on the back of the package. This step is absolutely essential. It will allow you to get the most out of your lawn care routine and create a beautiful, lush yard for you and your family to enjoy.
For all of your other fertilizer and landscaping questions, get in touch with the professionals at The Lawn Surgeon. Give Cromwell’s lawn care experts a call today at (860) 635-1127 to begin the process of creating the lawn of your dreams.