Okay so we get it. Giving up delicious snacks is very hard to do, especially when there are dozens of tantalizing options to choose from. Instead of saying goodbye to great eats, try snacking on foods that can be both satisfying and healthy!
Mind Over Matter Health & Fitness is one of New York City's best in-home personal training specialists. Aside from the boundless opportunities that you have to get fit, Mind Over Matter also provides key information on healthy nutrition choices and more.
Here are a great assortment of delicious and healthy post-workout snacks to keep you focused on your fitness goals this spring:
- Non- Fat Greek Yogurt - You may like yogurt, but did you know that switching to Greek yogurt can prove to be much healthier? Greek yogurt has about 50 percent more protein than regular yogurt and is low in sugar. Go for a low-fat or fat-free option (which is just as delicious) but will help to keep your calories in check. You can also add berries and fruits like peaches in with a little bit of honey!
- Hummus and Whole Grain Pitas - Hummus is a yummy post-workout snack, but also a great alternative to eating meat. It is made from chick-peas and serves as an excellent source of both protein and carbs. Pair this with a whole-grain pita and you've got a great snack that doesn't seem like you're sacrificing anything at all for your diet!
- Mixed Dried Fruits and Nuts - Nuts have a lot of protein and healthy fats. When you eat them with dried fruits, you will have a great mixture of salty and sweet snacks. A handful is suggested to eat as a snack and the dried fruits also carry healthy simple carbohydrates that are easy to digest and will replenish your muscle glycogen more quickly than complex carbs.
- Tuna on Whole Wheat Bread/Crackers - Although you may already enjoy tuna as a snack, it's great for eating after an intense workout. Try adding four ounces of water-packed tuna on one slice of whole wheat bread for the ideal low-calorie protein/carb snack. You can also substitute bread for cracker which is a crunchy source of energizing carbs.
- Smoothies - Who doesn't love smoothies? Anchored firmly near the top of our list is the ever-popular fruit smoothie. Fruit smoothies are both delicious and great liquid meals that can easily be digested and quickly absorbed. Try blending some protein, yogurt, and skim or soy milk, fruits with potassium like bananas for a great snack that's also good for you.
After you've snacked on any one of these healthy options, try finding a personal trainer that can help you stick to your personal fitness goals. Mind Over Matter Health & Fitness offers a number of fitness programs and personal trainers to help you get on the right track and also lead a healthier lifestyle.
To discover more about how personal training programs and options can benefit you, visit Mind Over Matter Health & Fitness.