Everyone has his or her own way of staying in shape and living a healthy lifestyle, and most may adhere to tips they read or hear from their peers. While it’s always a good idea to heed the advice of trainers and fellow gym members, the world of fitness is laden with quite a few myths, and the ability to decipher fact from fiction will ultimately lead to a healthier lifestyle. Since 2004, Mind Over matter Health & Fitness has been providing in-home personal training services to clients throughout New York City. Whether you’re staying long hours at work or you simply can’t find time to get to the gym, the dedicated personal trainers will come straight to you.
If you want to build muscle or shed a few pounds, there are numerous ways to do so, but it’s important to make sure that the steps you take towards accomplishing your goal can actually help you get there. In order to provide assistance, Mind Over Matter has debunked the following fitness myths:
- Crunches Result in Abs: The most effective way at gaining abdominal muscles is lose fat and become lean. This can be achieved with a healthy mix of cardio, a healthy diet, and core-strengthening exercises such as push-ups and planks.
- Gluten-Free Foods Will Help You Lose Weight: You really only need to go gluten-free if you have celiac disease or another gluten-sensitivity. Plus, some gluten-free foods may have twice the carbs as their normal counterparts.
- Sweating is Necessary for Success: The best way to measure exercise capacity is your heart rate, which is completely independent of sweat. Sweat is the body’s way to regulate temperature, and everybody operates differently.
- Salt is Bad: Salt is a mineral necessary for your health and appearance. Of course, if you take in too much sodium, your body will retain water, so it’s important to eat 1,000-2,000 mgs of salt each day, which will help to balance your electrolytes.
- You Need to Stretch Before Your Workout: Doing a bit of cardio before you get started is much more effective than stretching, as it helps to get your blood flowing and your muscles prepped.
When you want to maintain a healthy body and lifestyle, finding enough time to devote to a workout regimen can be difficult. The personal trainers at Mind Over Matter Health & Fitness will come straight to your home or office and help you achieve your fitness goals through yoga, Pilates, boot camp, and a variety of other exercises. Visit the personal training company online to learn more.