With the growing number of DIY and food-dedicated blogs that teach casual cooks the tips and tricks of world famous chefs and bakers, more and more people are looking to supply their kitchen with the best cookware around to get the job done. However, it can be a little complicated to know where to start. Does a kitchen need a wok or a rice cooker, for example?
From steak to soufflé, each dish requires special ingredients and tools to be made perfectly. While the cooking enthusiast may not be able to afford to get the most specialized cookware for their home, here are five essentials that JB Prince, a top cookware store in NYC, recommends everyone to have in their kitchen:
- Chef’s Knife – A whole collection of so-so knives cannot possibly compare to what one quality chef can do for various styles of cutting and chopping.
- Cast Iron Skillet – This skillet is a must-have for its excellent heat retention and versatility in cooking all variety of dishes.
- Tongs – Tongs are easily overlooked until you need them, but they come in a pinch for flipping meat evenly.
- Casserole Dish – Regardless if you’re baking or roasting, a sizeable casserole dish is excellent for whipping up delicious treats or meals.
- Saucepan – From heating soup and steaming vegetables to cooking mashed potatoes, a quality saucepan with a tight fitting lid is an invaluable asset to any kitchen.
To shop for these excellent kitchen tools, visit JB Prince, one of the top restaurant supply stores in NYC. From professionals to hobbyist, those with a passion for the culinary can get everything they need at JB Prince.