5 Tips for Planning a Great Holiday Event
First time planning your company’s holiday party or looking for something inspiring? Read these 5 tips from the Masterpiece Team to prepare for a great holiday event.
1. Plan Early- Getting your ideal date in NYC for your holiday celebration isn’t as serious as getting your wedding date but it’s almost as competitive. Planning early will decrease a lot of the stress of finding a venue last-minute. A lot of great downtown venues also feature early bird specials for booking in advance of the rush season. It will not only lessen the stress of planning but also help your bottom line.
2. Find An Elegant Event Space that Decorates- Unless you're an interior designer, Martha Stewart or have an amazing ability to survive without sleep, decorating a holiday party can be stressful and complicated. Why not choose a venue like downtown’s historic India House where they have unique treasures like wood-burning fireplaces and skylights. During the holidays, they decorate the grand staircase with twinkle lights and have seasonal foliage like garlands and candles.
3. Good Food and Cocktails- Let’s face it, if the holiday party has bad food, the water cooler will be buzzing on Monday morning. Make sure you pick a menu that is friendly with the classic staples of the tried and true but try to make every year more special by picking some fun items too. The Masterpiece Caterer’s Holiday Menu includes some fun seasonal selections like Roast Figs with Bleu Cheese and Balsamic Glaze, a Chocolate and Cheese Fondue Station and a Fresh Crepes Station. Spice up the bar a little with Hot Apple Cider or a Sangria Bar.
4. Customize & Personalize- An employee holiday party is a great time to network and kick back with your colleagues but more importantly it’s the perfect opportunity to acknowledge the hard work and dedication displayed over the past year from your employees. Take a little time to try to customize and personalize the event. Pick a favorite cocktail of one of the employees to feature or bring fun photos from the summer outing. Whether through awards, speeches, or personalized goody bags and decorations small touches can go a long way in making a special holiday party.
5. One Stop Shop- It’s easy for the holiday party preparations to fall to the waist side when dealing with year-end deadlines and the inevitable stack of projects accumulated from the Fall Back-To-Work season. Why not choose to host your holiday party at a space that can provide all your event services onsite. The expert team at Masterpiece Caterers will provide you with creative menus, floorplans, assist with vendors, and coordinate all the setup and breakdown of the events so you can focus on enjoying the event. Forgot your iPod at home with the holiday playlist, don’t fret, they’ve got Sinatra on shuffle.
Visit Masterpiece Caterers online or call us at (212) 239-2626 option 2 to discuss your next event.