Do you hear occasional noises in the attic or around your home? You might shrug these off as nothing to worry about, but you could have a bigger issue on your hands. Fall and winter are just around the corner, and the cold weather here in Ohio can sometimes bring unwanted critters seeking warmth to your property. If that’s the case, it’s time to contact a wildlife removal expert to remedy the situation right away.
A.S.A.P. Critter People offers reliable critter removal throughout the greater Cincinnati, OH, area. Their friendly team of wildlife removal professionals has extensive experience removing all types of animals from residential areas.
So how do you know if there are opossums, raccoons, groundhogs, or other critters lurking on your property? Look out for any of the following signs to determine whether you need to call a wildlife removal expert:
- Unusual Noises: Different types of critters make different types of noises, so it’s important to identify the sound you’re hearing. A scratching noise in your attic might indicate bats, while scurrying sounds tend to be a sign of raccoons or squirrels.
- Foul Smells: A horrible smell surrounding your home or property usually points to a skunk. Skunk spray is unpleasant, to say the least. An odor might indicate the presence of animal feces as well.
- Mysterious Damages: Skunks can leave holes throughout your lawn from looking for bugs to eat. Squirrels and raccoons can also wreak havoc on your home by chewing up shingles or eating the plants on your porch.
- Feces: All types of animals leave droppings in their path, so this is a big sign that you have critters making themselves at home on your property.
- Footprints: Look for footprints in your yard to get an idea of what type of animal you might be dealing with. Squirrels leave little nail marks with their tiny feet, while raccoons leave larger prints.
Wild animals can be dangerous, so it’s always best to contact a trained animal removal service if you suspect a pest is residing on your property or in your home. Visit A.S.A.P. Critter People online for a list of their wildlife removal services. If you need to schedule a critter removal appointment right away, give them a call at (513) 941-0258.