Although nearly all homeowners carry home insurance, only 37% of tenants carry renters insurance on their belongings. ISU Lemoine Insurance Agency, the most trusted and reliable seller of renters insurance, homeowners insurance, and vehicle insurance in Deridder, LA, says that if you rent, you should protect yourself with a renters policy. For 30 years, ISU Lemoine Insurance Agency has represented an exceptional line of insurance products and offered invaluable advice, unwavering guidance, and superb customer service to Beauregard Parish clients.
Here are some of the reasons you should consider renters insurance:
- Liability Coverage: Renters insurance protects you against liability in the event that a guest in your home or apartment is injured or suffers property damage. Liability coverage pays for legal fees, court costs, and judgments against you for liability or accidents deemed to be your fault.
- Living Expenses: If your home is destroyed or becomes uninhabitable, the owner's home insurance policy may cover the cost of replacement and repair, but not your living expenses while the home your renting is uninhabitable. Depending on the policy, renters insurance covers the costs of lodgings, food, and other expenses incurred while you wait to return home.
- Travel Losses: Renters insurance protects you against loss or theft while you are traveling, whether your belongings are on your person, in the car, in the hotel room, or back at home.
- Personal Property Losses: The average renter owns $20,000 worth of personal property, including jewelry, electronics, furniture, clothing, sports equipment, and luggage. Renters insurance protects these from a wide variety of perils, such as fire, lightning, falling objects, theft, windstorms, hail, and even volcanic eruption.
- Landlord Requirements: Some landlords or property management companies require tenants to buy renters insurance. This is often due to their homeowners insurance agency attempting to shift responsibility and lower their potential risk.
ISU Lemoine Insurance Agency, the premier provider of renters insurance, homeowners insurance, and vehicle insurance in Deridder, has nearly three decades of experience helping clients choose policies that meet their lifestyle needs and fit within their budgets. For more information, visit their website, or call (337) 463-4070 to discuss your insurance needs with a knowledgeable, courteous agent.