It’s never too early to get your child ready for school. A great way to prepare is to enroll your young one in an early childhood development program. Lucky Lane Nursery School, serving the St. Louis, MO, area, has more than 65 years of experience in kindergarten readiness programs.
Here’s how their nursery school gets your child ready for kindergarten:
- Spurs Growth: A preschool provides a structured environment that will give your child experience interacting with teachers and groups of children. Nursery school will teach your young one to follow instructions and share, as well as build a foundation they will use for learning when they begin kindergarten.
- Eases The Transition: A kindergarten curriculum often focuses more on academics and provides fewer opportunities for playtime. Enrolling your child directly into kindergarten may leave them feeling frustrated when they’re not used to following an academic schedule. Early childhood development programs integrate learning into playtime, allowing a smoother transition into kindergarten.
- Promotes Social & Emotional Growth: Nursery school will encourage your child to develop positive relationships with teachers and classmates, a step that will help them build good relationships later in life. Preschool also will teach your child how to manage emotions such as frustration and anger, because teachers are trained to know when to let children figure out a problem on their own and when to step in to help.
- Develops Cognitive Skills: Nursery school will allow your child to develop language skills by talking to other children and teachers. Children are encouraged to try new toys, games and other hands-on activities as well as ask questions. New words are introduced during activities such as science experiments, art projects, reading stories out loud, and regular conversation.
- Nurtures Early Academic Skills: Preschool games and activities combine learning and fun. A teacher may read a book aloud while pointing at the text so your child will understand the connection between spoken and written words. Counting games will teach your child about numbers, while board games and puzzles will help them think ahead and solve problems.
Lucky Lane Nursery School offers a quality early childhood development program that will prepare your child socially, emotionally, and academically for kindergarten. Call (314) 434-4462 to find how to enroll your child in preschool. Visit their website to learn more about their classes and facilities.