Spaying and neutering is an important part of responsible pet care, benefiting you, your pet, and the animal community. Animal Medical and Surgical Clinic in Wisconsin Rapids, WI, offers professional spaying and neutering procedures in a friendly, safe environment. Since 1993, these local veterinarians have been helping pet owners and their furry friends with top quality veterinary care.
Here are their top reasons to consider spaying or neutering your pet:
- Safeguard Adventurous Pets: Animals that have not been spayed or neutered are more likely to roam the neighborhood. This can increase your pet’s odds of getting lost or coming into harm’s way.
- Curb Bad Behavior: A pet that hasn’t been “fixed” is more likely to develop aggressive behavior. Dogs will be more prone to barking, mounting, and similar dominant acts. Not only is this a major pet care hassle, it’s also dangerous for your pet because it can lead to fights.
- Stave Off Illness: Spaying or neutering a pet is associated with a reduced risk of certain cancers. Spayed females have less chance of developing cancers of the reproductive system, while neutered males eliminate their risk of testicular cancer.
- Save Money: The health issues that can arise if you don’t spay or neuter your pet — whether cancer or injuries from a fight — can result in pricey veterinary hospital bills. Some counties will charge more for a pet license if your animal isn’t spayed or neutered.
- Support Population Control: Puppies and kittens are cute, but many animals do not have a happy home. Even worse, many animals are euthanized by shelters that can’t afford to care for them. Practice good pet care by having your pet spayed or neutered.
If you have additional questions about spaying or neutering, the local veterinarians at Animal Medical and Surgical Clinic will be happy to help. Visit their website to find out more about their services, or call (715) 421-2006 to make an appointment.