People with allergies are no strangers to suffering, doctor's offices, sneezing, and watery eyes. It is an absolute pain to deal with. But how much of what you go through with allergies is self-inflicted? Are you utilizing upholstery cleaning, mattress cleaning and carpet cleaning in your home? There are many things a person can do on their own to help alleviate the problem of allergies, and Mr. K's Carpet Service of Goshen, NY, is here to help you combat common causes of seasonal allergies. Fall allergies aren’t your fault, but there are some quick tips to help reduce your suffering between now and the first frost.
The following are a few things to try to eliminate allergens in your home:
- Control Dust Mites: Dust all of your surfaces—especially ceiling fans—and wash your bedding to control dust mites.
- Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum: Use a vacuum with an high-quality air filter to remove dust and pollen, making sure to wear a mask as you do so.
- Reduce Pet Dander: To reduce the likelihood of inhaling dander and allergens as you sleep, keep your furry friends out of the bedroom.
- Keep Pollen Out: Keep windows and doors shut and sealed at all times. Change your HVAC system air filter regularly, and consider buying an air purifier.
- Schedule Carpet Cleaning: Have your carpets professionally cleaned twice a year. Carpet cleaning removes even more dust mites, pollen, and other allergens.
By following these simple steps you can remain as allergy-free as possible and do all you can to rid your home of the tiny particulars making you sneeze. To schedule a fall carpet cleaning, call the experts at Mr. K's Carpet Service in Goshen at (845) 294-5345 or check out their website for more information.