Do you want to help small to medium-sized businesses manage their financial records so that they can be free to develop their business and find success in a competitive global marketplace? New York City’s largest and oldest independent bookkeeping firm is now hiring full-time, full charge bookkeepers. A career with Mark’s Bookkeeping Services (MBS), a prosperous, growing accounting services company, needs your expertise to better serve their clients.
A bookkeeping job with MBS offers a casual, collegiate work environment with a complete benefits package including continuing education support, medical, and paid vacation, sick, and personal time. The position will have competitive compensation, and room for advancement as the business continues to grow. New York City’s best small business accounting service is willing to consider candidates looking to relocate to the greatest city on earth, and may be able to help with moving costs.
If you’re considering the job, you must have the experience necessary to succeed at MBS. The position is best suited to strong candidates with two years of experience, but those with less will still be considered. Take note, this is not an entry level position; it is imperative that all candidates have experience with QuickBooks that MBS must test. Knowledge of Peachtree, MAS90, and other accounting software is preferred, but not required.
- Inputting and tracking income and expenses
- Processing accounts payable and receivable
- Reconciling multiple bank accounts, credit cards and merchant accounts
- Producing financial reports (trial balances, profit and loss statements, etc.)
- Maintaining files
- Analyzing the general ledger and sub-ledgers
- Assisting with the preparation of year end financials for filing tax returns, communicating with CPAs, and facilitating annual not-for-profit audits
- Assisting the owner and supervising bookkeepers with other duties as assigned
- Payroll and sales tax
To start your career with Mark’s Bookkeeping Services, apply or inquire by emailing Philip@marksbookkeeping.com. Visit their website to find out more about the company’s bookkeeping and accounting services for small to medium-sized businesses.
(Mark’s Bookkeeping Service is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation, or age.)