Trees not only beautify a landscape, but also provide shade and fruit, preserve soil, and improve air quality. But if you plant trees that are not suitable for your property, they may become a liability instead of an asset. Lamb Tree Service, a trusted tree care specialist serving Dexter, Benton, and Murray, KY, has the expertise to help clients determine the trees that are best-suited to their property.
Here are five things to consider when selecting trees for your home:
- Yard Size: If you want to plant trees but have a small lot or are limited to a space that’s close to your house, choose small- to medium-sized varieties. You also can use potted trees so you don’t have to worry about root problems.
- Placement: Shade trees are ideal for a backyard, where most homes have their outdoor entertaining space. There are many types of shade trees, with beech, ash, sycamore, and maple among the most popular choices. Plant each tree 4 to 6 feet away from the spot where you need shade.
- Tree Height: Large trees may affect the growth of nearby trees or interfere with power lines as they mature. If this happens, call a tree care specialist to trim branches.
- Maintenance: Some trees produce debris that can be difficult to clean up, like leaves, seeds, and sap. If you don't want to deal with tree debris, choose an evergreen that will retain its foliage year-round. No matter what type of tree you select, it will need maintenance now and then, so be sure to add tree trimming to your budget.
- Soil Type: Some trees grow well in high-pH soil while others don't. If you're not sure what kind of soil is in your yard, perform a soil test and select trees that grow well in that environment.
Lamb Tree Service will help you make your yard lush and beautiful. They offer a range of services, from tree cutting to planting. For a free estimate, call (270) 753-2020 or contact them on their website.