Each day, you rely on your garage door to protect your belongings, home, and even your family. Without proper care, your garage door could be putting you at risk. Fortunately, when it comes to keeping you protected, Fred C. Johnson Co. in Jessup, MD, offers the kind of high-quality garage door repairs you need.
Many people don’t take the time to examine the condition of their garage door, let alone know what to look for when they do. To know when it’s time for garage door repair, look out for these five signs:
- It’s Stuck: If the door won’t open or close via the opener, it’s most likely time for a repair. To make sure, check to see if anything is obstructing the door’s path.
- It’s Lagging: After pressing the garage door opener button, it should open or close within a few seconds. If you notice any lagging, something may be wrong with your garage door or the opener.
- It’s Off Balance: A tension or structural issue can be serious, but it may easily go unnoticed. Check your garage door’s balance by disconnecting the opener and opening it halfway manually. If it stays static, your garage door is balanced. If it continues to fall or rise, there is an issue that needs to be checked out by a professional.
- It’s Noisy: In general, older garage door models tend to make a lot of noise. However, if you’re noticing excessive creaking or squealing, there may be an issue with the springs or another part of the door.
- It’s Off Track: Garage doors will occasionally come off their tracks and fail to operate properly. Typically, this happens when the door has been damaged.
For the best garage door repairs in the Jessup area, seek the expertise of the garage door technicians at Fred C. Johnson Co. To learn more, call today at (410) 792-2126 or visit the website. You can also find the company on Facebook.