Storage units are meant to give people a safe place to store their valuables temporarily, but there are just some things that should never be placed in storage facilities.
In Lincoln, NE, East "O" Street Self Storage is a self-storage facility that offers various-sized storage units for everything from small boxes to RVs. However, they warn customers to leave the following items at home:
- Food: No matter what type of food it is—dry rice and grains included— it’s bound to attract pests. Even canned foods can explode under certain conditions, exposing your belongings to roaches, mice, and other critters.
- Chemicals: Any substance labeled explosive, flammable, or hazardous should be stored elsewhere. This includes paint, fireworks, and ammunition. Self-storage units don’t always have the proper ventilation to store such items safely.
- Anything Illegal: Stolen items, drugs, or anything forbidden by law won’t be safe in storage units, which are subject to being seized by the police with the proper warrant.
- Animals, Plants, Or People: Storage units are not made for housing living creatures. Poor ventilation and lack of water and sewage facilities make it uninhabitable for all life forms, even plants.
- Anything Irreplaceable: Every effort will be made to prevent your items from damage or theft, but accidents do happen. Important documents, family photos, and one-of-a-kind items should be stored elsewhere.
Like most storage facilities, East “O” Street Self Storage requires customers to sign a lease prohibiting certain items such as those listed above. Everything else will be secured safely inside your storage unit. This facility is unique by providing alarm systems that offer 24-hour security and units of all sizes.
If you have any questions about what can and can’t be stored, or if you want to inquire about available storage units, call (402) 489-0134 or visit them online. You can also like their Facebook page for updates.