To maximize your home's curb appeal, your concrete or masonry driveway needs occasional maintenance. Whether the driveway is made of concrete pavers or colored concrete, the suggestions below from Builder’s Concrete East,North Windham, CT's top supplier of ready mix concrete, can help you keep it looking its best. Builder’s Concrete East has been Connecticut's concrete mix expert for over five decades, supplying high-quality materials for industrial, residential, and municipal projects from driveways and patios to bridges and sidewalks.
To maintain your concrete or masonry driveway, follow the suggestions below:
- Clean Regularly: Clean your driveway regularly using a pressure washer to prevent stains and dirt buildup. How often you should clean it depends on the amount of use it receives and the level of pollutants in the area, although one cleaning per month is a good rule of thumb.
- Remove Stains ASAP: Don't let oil or other stains set in; clean up spills as quickly as possible to prevent discolorations and permanent stains. This is particularly important for colored concrete.
- Reapply Sealer: Reapply concrete sealer every three to five years, depending on the amount of traffic your driveway receives. Sealer keeps oil, moisture, and other fluids from seeping into and staining your driveway.
- Avoid Chemical Deicers: Chemical deicers can erode the concrete or masonry surface and kill grass or decorative vegetation. Use sand instead, and sweep it away in the spring.
- Remove Weeds & Roots: Quickly remove weeds and roots from cracks to prevent them from widening and causing further damage.
- Repair Cracks Quickly: Similarly, repair cracks quickly to prevent them from widening as snow and ice freeze and thaw and to stop weeds and roots from taking hold.
Builder’s Concrete East,North Windham's most experienced seller of ready mix concrete, has been serving Connecticut residents and businesses for over 50 years. They offer the highest caliber products and the most meticulous customer care to help you choose the paving material you need at a price that fits your budget. Visit them online, or call (860) 456-4111 to speak to a friendly, knowledgeable professional about your cement and concrete needs.