Digestive enzymes are crucial for helping you get the most out of the nutrients you eat. They help your body break down foods so that vitamins and minerals can be absorbed and used efficiently for energy and proper bodily function. But if your digestive system isn’t working properly, you may need to take digestive enzyme vitamins and supplements.
At Tomah, WI’s Cranberry Country Market, digestive enzyme vitamins and supplements are now available. Here are some issues that could necessitate taking those vitamins and supplements regularly:
- Digestive Diseases: If you have already been diagnosed with a digestion-related disease, like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, or Crohn’s disease, you could very well benefit from digestive enzyme supplements. By breaking down vitamins and macronutrients, the supplements can lighten the load on your stomach, pancreas, and other digestive organs.
- Enzyme Deficiency From Age: Getting older has the effect of making your stomach less acidic. Without acid, the enzyme secretions from the pancreas, which are required to break down nutrients in food, aren’t released. This causes acid reflux, as well. Digestive enzyme supplements can trigger the release of those secretions and help restore acidity in the stomach.
- Liver Or Gallbladder Issues: People with liver disease almost always have an enzyme deficiency alongside it. Fifteen percent of adults get diagnosed with it, and many liver diseases are genetic. Digestive enzyme supplements can contain natural bile salts, which will help the liver absorb fats better.
- Chronic Stress: In addition to the many other health problems it causes, chronic stress can wreak havoc on your digestion. Stress slows down enzyme production while it sends you into panic mode. Vitamins and supplements can boost enzyme levels to help negate this effect of stress.
- Stool Issues: If you notice that your stool is greasy, pale and floats, or if you have diarrhea, these may be signs of malfunctioning enzymes in the pancreas. Eating an organic, high-fiber diet is helpful, but vitamins and supplements can be additional aids in getting your digestive system into better shape.
Cranberry Country Market stocks digestive enzyme supplements from Now Foods, an organic and natural brand. Contact the store at (608) 374-4944 to learn more about the vitamins and supplements they sell, and visit their website for more about their special deals!