Moving for most is tiring and overwhelming, but for those moving long distances, it can be even more of a chore. Economy Moving & Storage, Cincinnati, OH’s highly-rated long-distance moving company, says while moving can be a stressful time, there are ways you can make it easier for yourself.
Take a look at Economy Moving & Storage’s top five tips for stress-free long-distance moves:
- Plan Ahead: Moving is a big life event, especially when it involves long distance. So like any major happening in your life, plan ahead. If you’re planning to enlist the help of a long-distance moving company, research them early so you can reserve your moving dates before they’re booked. You’ll also want to think about other logistics of the move, like if you’ll need to ship any items, like your cars.
- Pack Early: Packing your home for a cross-country move can be time-consuming, and it shouldn’t be a last minute job. To make the move as seamless as possible, start packing early. Rushing to pack right before the day of the big move will surely cause chaos and bring about more stress than needed.
- Hire Packers: To really alleviate the stress of moving, consider hiring a packing company. They’re experts when it comes to packing up entire homes quickly and efficiently, and they can help to keep your most valuable items safe during travel. Most long-distance moving companies also provide packing crews, so be sure to ask about this service at the time of booking.
- Label Boxes: When packing, always be sure to label each box with its contents and what room it belongs in. Being organized will help to save you time unpacking. Also, be sure to pack large boxes with lighter items and smaller boxes with heavier items to make lifting easier, preventing possible injuries.
- Move in The Off-Season: Did you know there’s a season for moving? Most people tend to move in the summer when kids are out of school, but during this time many packing and long-distance moving companies hike up their prices. To get the best deal possible, plan to move in the fall or winter when moving companies are less busy.
For more tips on how to move long distance worry-free, call Economy Moving & Storage today at (513) 753-6683. Be sure to visit their website where you can learn more about the local and long-distance moving services they offer, in addition to climate-controlled storage solutions. The company can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.