When you think of healthy foods, pizzas, pastas, and the other items typically found on an Italian restaurant menu probably aren’t the first things to come to mind. So you may be surprised (and pleased) to learn you can indulge in your favorite Italian cuisine at Emilio’s of Morris Park in the Bronx while still being good to your body.
Here are six ways you can eat Italian food and be healthy at the same time:
- Choose A Salad: If you’re ordering pasta or pizza, start with a green salad. This will help you fill up on nourishing veggies before you move on to the heavier portion of the meal. Or simply make your main course a salad loaded with healthy proteins, like chickpeas and cannellini beans.
- Request Light Cheese: Your favorite Italian cuisine can easily be customized. Request light cheese on your pizza or pasta for a dish that’s lower in both fat and calories. Make it heartier with extra vegetables or meat.
- Save Your Appetite: It can be tempting to indulge in appetizers and bread before the actual main course arrives. But if you save your appetite for your entrée, your intake will be slightly less—and you’ll enjoy the main meal so much more.
- Opt For Soup & Salad: You can’t go wrong with a healthy combination of soup and salad. Emilio’s of Morris Park offers several filling soups, such as minestrone, which contains healthy proteins. It makes a fantastic complement to a fresh green salad, too.
- Grilled Chicken: When in doubt, opt for grilled chicken over breaded or fried. You won’t sacrifice flavor, but you will eliminate a few unnecessary calories.
- Share Your Dessert: Life is too short to avoid dessert completely. At Emilio’s of Morris Park, it would be tough to turn down a plate of homemade tiramisu or a creamy cheesecake, so share it with a loved one to reward yourself while keeping the decadence to a minimum.
There’s no reason you can’t enjoy Italian cuisine regularly. More than a pizza delivery restaurant, Emilio’s of Morris Park caters to anyone who enjoys a hearty meal made with fresh ingredients. To check out their menu, go online. Then, call (718) 822-6758 to order your favorite dishes.