From long curls to asymmetric haircuts, every season offers its own set of new hairstyle trends. Whether inspired by celebrity haircuts or dictated by the weather, they can define your look for the summer. From year to year, the team of hair stylists at Fantastic Sams Cut & Color in Denver, CO, stay updated on the latest in hair care products and hairstyle trends.
Here are their picks for the top five summer hairstyles of 2016:
- Bobs: A shorter haircut is all the rage this summer. Usually starting at your chin but not going longer than your shoulders, bobs can be styled in a variety of ways depending on your preference. Try a textured bob with lots of layers or a slightly wavy bob if you have curls. A sleek and straight bob is another classy option.
- Buzzes & Bowls: If you want to be more adventurous this summer, try a buzz or a bowl cut. In a buzz hairstyle, a razor trims your hair down almost to its roots. Make it a bit more feminine with a bit of extra length on the top or color. Bowl cuts involve a fringe of hair all of the way around your head, with a short trim around the bottom. While both hairstyles are hard to pull off, be daring and try them this summer! The bonus is that they require minimum hair care or extra styling and will keep your head cool during the hot summer months.
- Bangs: Bangs will add a feminine touch to any look this summer. For longer hair, go bold with a thick layer of locks across your forehead, or try a wispy fringe that pairs perfectly with a pixie cut or bob.
- Go Natural: Summer is a time to relax, so why not let your hair let loose, too? A big, natural hairstyle that isn’t overly tamed or styled has a lazy vibe that is perfect for the beachy weather.
- Textured Layers: If a shorter cut isn’t your style, lighten up your longer hair with lots of layers. They will frame your face and take out extra weight, providing some relief in the hot weather.
Get ready for summer with one of these trendy hairstyles! Schedule an appointment at a Fantastic Sams Cut & Color hair salon near you and visit their website for more information on their many hair care services.