There's no need to pack your sense of sanity deep in the back of a moving truck—with a bit of smart planning and forethought, plus some tips from the experienced movers at M. Dyer & Sons, you'll be able to find just what you need, right when you need it! In particular, the Oahu movers suggest keeping a few key documents on hand to ensure a smooth transition into your new home.
Here’s the essential paperwork you’ll need during your move:
- Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, & Passport: You never know when you’ll need personal identification documents, and chances are, the occasion will arise when it’s the least convenient for you. Keep these documents separate from your other belongings to ensure they don’t get lost.
- Driver’s License: In a similar vein, it’s important to keep your driver’s license with you as an additional form of state-issued identification. Many storage facilities and cable companies require a valid driver’s license when you apply for new services.
- Car Titles: If you’re moving to a different state, you’ll need to have your title handy to get your vehicles re-registered. If you decide to sell your car before you move, you’ll also need the title to officially sign the vehicle over to the new owner.
- Proof Of Address: Everything from getting a new driver's license to applying for a library card requires a proof of residence, so it's smart to keep that paperwork nearby. Since you probably will not have up-to-date utility bills or any mail yet, your lease, deed, or property insurance paperwork will suffice.
- Checkbook: You never know when you'll need to write a check during the moving process. From handymen to the school office, not every place has a credit card machine, so it's best to be prepared with an old-fashioned checkbook, just in case.
In addition to these documents, M. Dyer & Sons urges their clients to carry all their prescription medications with them during their move. This way, you’ll never have to scramble to get an emergency supply from your pharmacy—or even worse, unexpectedly miss a dose. If you have medical records for your family, including your pets, it’s also best to keep those documents with you.
The reliable movers at M. Dyer & Sons are proud to serve Pearl City, Oahu, and all of Hawaii with trustworthy and friendly services. To learn more, call (808) 456-4200 or visit the movers’ website and Facebook page.