Whether you are new to auto insurance or not, you may have wondered what types of car insurance available, what they cover, and why you'd want them. San Marcos Insurance Agency, Inc., the premier independent insurance agency in San Marcos, TX, answers such questions below to help you better understand your options.
This independent agency, comprised of a small group of experienced, expert agents, put quality customer service first and help you design the right policy at the right price. The most important types of auto insurance include the following:
- Liability: Liability insurance protects you, your family, and drivers using your car against claims for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and rental fees when you (or the permitted driver) are judged responsible for a collision.
- Personal Injury Protection: PIP insurance protects you, your passengers, and other injured persons, regardless of fault, against the costs of medical payments, a percentage of lost income, and the costs to hire a caregiver.
- Collision: Collision coverage pays the cost to repair or replace—whichever is less—a car damaged in a collision. It protects you, your family, and others insured under your policy.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive auto insurance pays to repair non-collision damage, such as by fire, hail, vandalism, or falling objects. It even covers the theft of the vehicle if a police report is filed.
- Under- & Uninsured Motorist: UM/UIM insurance covers accidents involving an underinsured or uninsured motorist or hit-and-run driver.
- Towing & Rental Car Reimbursement: Towing and rental reimbursement policies cover the costs of wrecker service and car rental fees while your vehicle is being repaired.
San Marcos Insurance Agency, Inc., the most trusted and reliable independent agency in San Marcos, TX, specializes in auto insurance, but also offer home, renter, life, health, dental, business, and watercraft policies to protect all aspects of your lifestyle. Visit them online, or call (512) 754-7119 to request auto quotes or discuss your insurance needs.