One incredibly obvious sign of a home water heater on the fritz is – what else? – ice cold water just seconds into a shower! However, this unpleasant tell-tale sign is just one of a number of clues that let home owners know that it's time to call their local plumber for repairs.
Oahu’s top plumbing company, Fast Rooter Plumbing, shares five signs that all homeowners should look out for with their water heater:
- Rusty Water: One major sign that a heater needs repair is when rust colored water runs from the faucet or tap. This is caused by an old anode rod in need of replacement.
- Odd Smelling Water: Did you know that bacterial infections can occur within a water heater tank? If the water smells odd, call your Fast Rooter Plumber to flush out the water and sanitize the water heater.
- Mineral Deposits: The excess build-up of sediment in the heater is a sign of water damage. Mineral deposits can also cause unusual noises in a water heater.
- Leaking: According to the plumbers of Fast Rooter Plumbing, signs of leakage in any pipe or plumbing system should be reported right away. This applies to water heaters, as well.
- Corrosion: Any signs of corrosion on the exterior casing or interior line should be reported right away. If left to continue, corrosion may result in a full and costly replacement of your whole home water heater unit.
Don’t let a faulty home water heater disrupt your life or rack up a big bill in replacement costs! Call the Oahu plumbing experts of Fast Rooter Plumbing if you find any of these signs of fault in your water heater at (808) 734-4938 today.