Pets can come with a lot of surprises, including unwanted ones. If your dog or cat brings fleas into your home, professional flea extermination can offer peace of mind and make your home flea free again. But according to Guarantee Pest Control in Lexington, KY, extermination isn’t the last step: You must also prevent the fleas from coming back.
Through their expert residential pest control services, the Guarantee Pest Control team has been keeping fleas and other bugs out of people’s houses since 1953. They say having these types of services scheduled is an easy way to stay on top of flea prevention with professional-grade expertise. In addition, you can:
- Protect Your Pets: Ask your vet for a recommended flea and tick prevention treatment for your dog or cat. Not only do these products work to keep fleas out of your home, they’ll provide added protection for your pets when they go outdoors.
- Vacuum Regularly: If you have carpets in your home, it’s important to vacuum them regularly. Carpets provide an excellent hiding place where flea eggs can develop. When taking your pets on excursions, make sure you vacuum your car’s interior.
- Replace Pet Bedding: Before flea extermination, you should throw out the bedding your pet was using, since fleas might be living in it. Replace it after the pest extermination is over and clean it regularly.
- Keep A Clean Yard: For added protection, keeping your yard clean, trimming the bushes, and mowing the lawn will remove places pests like fleas can hide.
- Secure Trash & Food: Wild critters like squirrels and raccoons can carry fleas. If those animals are drawn to your home, they’ll bring the fleas with them. By keeping your trash secure and leaving pet food indoors, these animals will be less likely to stop by.
Not sure if fleas are in your home? Guarantee Pest Control offers this handy online guide to help you identify which bugs could be in your house. If you need help exterminating or preventing any of these unwanted guests from coming in, schedule an appointment with the pros at (859) 254-2076. For more tips and offers, follow Guarantee Pest Control on Twitter and Facebook.