Kayaking is a great summer activity—it gets you outside and provides a scenic and unforgettable adventure. For novice kayakers, it can be tricky to figure out all of the equipment you might need for your outing. Go Bananas Watersports, located in Honolulu, provides kayak rentals and sales in addition to kayak accessories and stand-up paddle boarding equipment.
They suggest using the following kayak accessories when hitting the water:
- Life Vest: It’s important to invest in a great life vest that will provide both safety and peace of mind. Special kayaking life vests are designed so as to not get in the way of the backrest on the boat.
- Bilge Pump: If the boat is taking on excess water, then a bilge pump can be used to pump it out. It’s great for small amounts of water and will make it easier to manage the boat.
- Paddle Float: If you fall out of your kayak, a paddle float can help you get back in. Put the float on the paddle, and then use it as a means to lift yourself back into the boat. Since it’s floating, the paddle will help to anchor you and provide a steady transition.
- Dry Bags: These nifty bags are designed to keep your belongings dry during your excursion. You can keep everything from your keys and your wallet to a spare change of clothes in dry bags.
- Spray Skirt: This is an item that you wear around your waist. A spray skirt prevents water from getting into the boat, or at least drastically reduces the amount that gets through. It’s great for beginners who might not know how to avoid taking in excess water.
It’s time to pick up some accessories and hit those lakes, rivers, and oceans. If you are planning a kayaking trip in Honolulu, contact the experts at Go Bananas Watersports. They offer kayak rentals and purchases, and they stock any kayak accessories you may need. More information about their products can be found on their website or by giving them a call at (808) 737-9514.