Dealing with daily discomfort can be taxing, not only physically but also emotionally. With pain management tips from Excellence In Health Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Clinic P.C. you can improve your quality of life. Based in Anchorage, AK, this chiropractic clinic is dedicated to helping patients live happy and healthy lives free of unnecessary pain.
Read on for five simple pain management tips you can put to use in your own home:
- Breathing & Meditation Techniques: Mental tension and muscle tightness can contribute to chronic pain. By practicing deep breathing or meditation, you can release this strain and relax. Using a mantra to emphasize the repetitive nature of these exercises can help.
- Eliminate Stress: Negative emotions like anxiety and anger contribute to stress—which increases the body’s sensitivity to pain. Take control of these negative feelings with relaxation techniques like listening to calming music and envisioning positive mental imagery.
- Exercise Regularly: Physical movement produces natural endorphins that improve your mood automatically. Endorphins block pain signals in your brain, playing a huge role in pain management. Rehabilitation exercises can also strengthen muscles, which can prevent additional strain or injury and related pain.
- Nix Cigarettes & Alcohol: Cigarettes are known to contribute to chronic pain. Alcohol, meanwhile, can worsen sleep patterns. With insufficient sleep, stress and weariness increase, worsening pain.
- Find A Support Group: Visiting a support group is helpful in mentally coping with chronic pain. You can also find support groups online, which you can access from the comfort of your own home.
The above pain management tips can help alleviate symptoms of discomfort; however, it’s important to see a professional chiropractor about your problems. Chiropractic therapy experts can pinpoint the source of your pain and come up with an appropriate treatment plan to address not only the symptoms but also the cause. If you’re in Anchorage, AK, trust Excellence In Health Chiropractic & Rehabilitation Clinic P.C. Visit their website, or call (907) 562-6325 to find out more about their services.