Garages tend to become a catchall for everything you don’t have room for in the house, and it can quickly turn into disarray. So if you open your garage door and can’t see past the clutter, it’s probably time to organize and create a more functional space. Felluca Overhead Door is Rochester, New York’s leading garage door repair and installation company. They understand how valuable garage space is and provide the following tips on restoring order.
When you’re organizing your garage, follow these steps and you’ll never have to open your garage door to chaos again:
- Clear Everything Out: The first step to rearranging your garage is to clear out as much as you can so you can see what you’re working with in terms of space and items. Without everything in there, you can better visualize and come up with a plan for organization.
- Purge Old & Unused Items: Once you have all your belongings out of the garage, you can also start to sort through it all and decide what to keep, what to throw away, and what to donate or sell. Consider how often you use each item and if it still needs a place in your garage.
- Install Shelving & Cabinets: There’s nothing like opening up a garage door and seeing a big, clean, and open space with everything put away in its place. Installing shelving and other storage is the best way to get all items up off the floor and stored neatly away.
- Organize Items Into Categories: Keep items together that belong in the same category, such as tools, sports equipment, toys, etc. This will make it significantly easier to find exactly what you’re looking for when you need it.
- Use Labels: Labeling all your shelves, bins, cabinets, and other storage areas with the name of the items that belong in each zone will make it simple to locate what you need. It also encourages you and your household to keep everything more organized in the future.
Using these ideas will help you maintain a cleaner, better organized garage. To make sure your garage stays in peak working condition, trust Felluca Overhead Door to keep your garage door operating smoothly. Call (585) 467-2391 or visit their website to learn more about their quality overhead doors and maintenance services.