As strange as it sounds, even pets such as cats and dogs can suffer from seasonal allergies. Luckily, the local veterinarians from Animal Medical and Surgical Clinic in Wisconsin Rapids, WI, can help your four-legged friend overcome their seasonal allergies with targeted pet care.
If you’re not sure if your pet is suffering from allergies, keep an eye out for these five common symptoms:
- Increased Scratching: If you notice your furry friend is scratching at their ears, eyes, or hindquarter areas more often than usual they may be affected by seasonal allergies or allergies related to fleas.
- Scabbed Skin: If you notice fur loss or areas on your pet’s body where the skin is becoming inflamed, irritated, or scabbed, they most likely have allergies. You should never ignore scabbed skin, as it can become infected. If you notice scabs, call your local pet care clinic immediately.
- Sneezing & Runny Eyes: Just like humans, when animals are suffering from allergies, they often have fits of sneezing and runny eyes. An increase in crustiness around your dog or cat’s eyes can also be a sign of allergies.
- Vomiting & Diarrhea: Animals experience vomiting and diarrhea for many different reasons and allergies are among them.
- Coughing & Wheezing: While it’s more common in cats than in dogs, both animals can react to seasonal allergies by coughing and wheezing. In some cases, your pet may become so stuffed up, they even begin snoring in their sleep.
If your cat or dog is suffering from any of these symptoms, make an appointment with your local animal clinic today. You can call Animal Medical and Surgical Clinic at (715) 421-2006 to schedule an appointment, or visit the local pet care experts online to learn more.