It doesn’t matter if you’re going to a new apartment around the corner or a home halfway across the country, moving is a stressful time for everyone. There’s a lot to remember, which is why StorKeeper Self Storage in Honolulu, HI, has gathered together a few helpful tips for you.
If you’re stressed about your upcoming move, try taking these suggestions from StorKeeper Self Storage:
- Make A List: One of the hardest things to do during a move is staying organized. If you have trouble staying focused during the moving process, making a to-do list is a great way to stay on track.
- Consider Storage: If you’re in a transitional period or there are some items that you don’t want to take with you to your new living space, consider storing them for a period of time. Self-storage is convenient and affordable, and provides both short and long-term storage solutions for those who need them.
- Be Detailed: Digging through box after box to find a particular item can be a headache, which is why StorKeeper Self Storage suggests labeling each box when you pack. Try to be as detailed as possible, even if it means keeping separate lists or color coding boxes.
- Buy Moving Supplies: Nobody likes trekking to the store every time they run out of boxes or packing tape, so be sure to buy enough of these things in advance.
- Keep It Together: If you’re the type of person who likes to throw everything in a box to save time during the packing process, don’t. Packing things room by room is a great way to save unpacking time when you move into your new place.
For more helpful moving tips, contact the professionals at StorKeeper Self Storage today at (808) 941-1180 or visit their website for a complete list of services.