Not everyone has a knack for completing home improvement projects by themselves. That’s why professionals offer home repair services to keep your home well maintained and to keep you stress-free. Before you hire your next handyman, consider a few factors before shaking on the deal. General contractor Affordable Handyman, serving the Cincinnati area, offers essential affordable home repair services so you can focus on running your home instead of fixing it.
When you’re looking for a professional to hire for your home’s various handyman projects, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Before you agree to service, make sure you do the following:
- Make A List: Before you pick up the phone to call a general contractor, compile a list of all of the home repairs you need. This will help you better understand what you need from a business and determine which contractors will be able to satisfy your demands.
- Ask For Estimates: While costs for labor and materials can increase during the process, it shouldn’t be more than 10% over the original estimate. Let your contractors know that you expect to stay within this cost range; it will help you determine which businesses will stay true to their quote.
- Create A Time Schedule: Discuss with your general contractor how long it will take for the project to be finished as well as when you can expect a handyman to be at your home. With this information, you’ll be able to keep him on schedule.
- Get A Written, Signed Contract: Don’t let there be any room for confusion or misinterpretation. Have a written agreement to keep everyone to their word.
- Ask About Guarantees: You’ll want to work with someone who takes pride in his craft; find a handyman that offers guarantees on his work.
Find a handyman that will work with your best interests in mind. The professionals at Affordable Handyman provide free quotes for their wide range of services, including gutter cleaning, roofing, and electrical work. They’ll even work with you to create a project plan that fits your schedule and budget. For more information about their services, call (513) 851-9333, or visit their website.