While some homeowners enjoy the way trees add to their property’s aesthetic, others view them as a safety hazard. Be that as it may, the professionals at Owen Bros. Tree Service say that there are some types of trees you definitely don’t want anywhere near your yard. This tree company has served residents throughout Westchester and New York City for several years and has earned a reputation as the area’s top licensed tree service. So, if you’re considering planting a tree, take advantage of the expertise that can be found at Owen Bros. Tree Service.
There are a wide variety of trees that Owen Bros. Tree Service would not recommend for residential areas. The following five trees are not homeowner-friendly:
- Silver Maple: While it grows quickly and provides a wonderful shade, the Silver Maple is known for its brittle wood. It also has a root system that doesn’t grow very deep and can penetrate your sewage pipes and crack your driveway.
- Ginkgo: You may enjoy the unique fan-shaped leaves of a Ginkgo tree, but its fruit gives off a very unpleasant odor. Not to mention the fruits are difficult to clean up and the smell can attach to your clothing or shoes.
- Cottonwood/Aspen/Poplar: Known for the fluttery way its leaves dance in the wind, this tree’s only flaw is that it will cover your yard with sticky pods and an endless supply of sticks and twigs.
- Mimosa/Silk Tree: This is a delicate, pink tree that can reach up to 40 feet in height and loves warm weather. However, it’s an extremely invasive plant and will spread its seed wherever it desires.
- Weeping Willow: Many people enjoy the way this tree quietly sways in the wind, but when it comes to the root system, weeping willows have the annoying potential to push their way into your sewers and septic tanks.
Whenever you’re in need of expert tree service, call Owens Bros. Tree Service at (718) 885-0914. Visit their website for more information.