From birthday flowers to holiday floral arrangements, fresh blooms are ideal for commemorating a variety of special occasions. But how can you make these flowers last so you can remember a special day long after it’s passed? Devine Orchid Florist in Hamden, CT, offers expert tips on ways to keep your floral arrangement looking fabulous for as long as possible. These florists provide gorgeous floral arrangements and bouquets for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and more.
Here are their top tips for keeping your holiday floral arrangements looking beautiful for longer:
- Place In Water: Flowers shouldn’t remain out of water for long. If you don’t have access to a vase, ensure the flowers are packaged with individual water containers. If those aren’t available, wrap the stem bottoms in damp paper towels
- Stop To Squeeze The Roses: Before buying roses, gently squeeze the part where the petals meet at the top of the stem. This area should be firm—if it’s soft and squishy, the roses are old. To make sure your blooms last longer, buy the freshest flowers you can find.
- Remove Extra Greens: Cut away any excess greenery from the bottom of the flower stems. Removing the lower leaves will help keep the water clean and extend the life of your bouquet.
- Trim The Stems: Cut off one to two inches of each stem at a 45-degree angle. This is best done under running water to prevent extra air from entering the stems. Trim the stems once per day using a sharp knife for a clean cut.
- Scrub The Vase: Always use a clean vase that has been thoroughly washed with hot water and soap and rinsed afterward. A dirty vase can promote the growth of microorganisms and result in slimy stems.
- Feed Your Flowers: Adding commercial flower food packets to the water of your holiday floral arrangements will help them stay healthy. Additionally, you can mist your flowers with water once per day.
From holiday floral arrangements and funeral bouquets to wedding decorations and more, Devine Orchid Florist can create the perfect mix of blooms for you. Visit their website to find out more, or place an order via Teleflora or FTD. Customers in the areas of Cheshire, Hamden, North Haven, and New Haven even enjoy free delivery. Call (203) 535-1626 to place an order now.