As the months turn warmer and everything gets greener, it’s the perfect time to amp up the color in your home or office. Peters Flowers in New York City can help you spruce up your surroundings in a snap. Since 1937, the Big Apple’s favorite flower shop has been brightening their customers’ days with beautiful bouquets and flower arrangements.
Read on for this NYC florist’s tips on some of summer’s most sensational flowers:
- Orchids: With their long green stems and delicate petals, these lovely flowers may look fragile, but they can last for quite a while with the proper care. A simple orchid will lend an air of luxury to any room.
- Hydrangeas: These bright blooms are implicitly emotional flowers. They are traditionally seen as indicating gratitude, making them a great flower to send to a friend if you need to say thank you.
- Hyacinths: According to Greek mythology, these flowers grew from the blood of a youth (named Hyacinth) who was accidentally killed by the god Apollo. Luckily, the flowers themselves make for a soothing ambience that is far removed from the Greek tragedy of their namesake.
- Roses: The ultimate symbol of romance, roses aren’t just for Valentine’s Day. These are, in fact, summer flowers, and with their wide variety of colors, they can easily be incorporated into diverse summer bouquets.
- Mix It Up: Can’t decide on just one? Trust the professionals at a flower shop to create beautiful flower arrangements tailored to your tastes. A mix of seasonal blooms allows you to enjoy the best of summer’s flowers all at once.
Whether you simply need a splash of color for your home or want to send flowers to brighten someone else’s day, Peters Flowers has you covered. Visit the New York flower shop’s website to see their full selection or call (212) 819-9000 with any questions you may have.