If your garage door won’t open and close, your opener may be the problem. And you might also be surprised to learn that you don’t need to immediately call a garage door repair service. Instead, there’s a few things you can try to see if you can fix it yourself (for free). The team at Felluca Overhead Door has more than 80 years of experience serving Rochester, NY, and the surrounding areas with superior-quality garage door repair, maintenance, and installation services.
Here, they share five simple steps to troubleshoot your automatic garage door opener:
- Check The Door: First, check the door for any issues. While the door is closed, activate the emergency release cord. If it doesn’t open smoothly, the problem is with your cables, springs, or rollers.
- Test The Wall Switch: If the door is operating on its own, start troubleshooting your opener by testing the wall switch. If the wall switch doesn’t open or close the door, the problem is in the switch and not the garage door opener itself.
- Try The Lights: Check the lights on the wall switch and control. If they’re off but power is running to the garage, you can try resetting the circuit breaker.
- Reset The Opener: If the lights are on, you can reset the opener system itself, depending on your make and model.
- Check Other Openers: If troubleshooting the wall switch doesn’t fix the problem, check any secondary remotes. If they all work, try replacing the batteries in the non-working garage door opener.
If you’ve tried all these steps but are still unable to get your automatic garage door opener to work, the team at Felluca Overhead Door can help. They’ll have one of their highly trained staff members take a look at your remote and determine whether it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced entirely.
For garage door services in the Rochester area you can rely on, turn to Felluca Overhead Door. For more information, call (585) 467-2391 or visit them online today.