If you are throwing a party for your teenager, we know the stakes are high. Not only are you faced with the pressures of planning and executing a pitch-perfect event, but you also have to appeal to a discerning crowd of high schoolers that have their fingers on the pulse of what’s cool and what’s over. Luckily, we have some tried and true tips that can help take any ordinary party to new heights. Read on to learn how to throw a memorable celebration with none of the dreaded stress!
- Stay organized – It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the details – large and small. By keeping your task list written down or typed out, you won’t have to risk forgetting something crucial and experiencing a panic attack the day of. Plan out the guest list, playlist, food, drinks, decorations and other touches ahead of time, so you can stay cool as a cucumber throughout.
- Plan the décor – While most teenagers will probably turn their noses up at the idea of a themed party, you can talk to your child about the color scheme or general feel that they want their event to exude. Whether they prefer something minimal and simple, or they want to go all out with drama and maximalist touches, having that information will give you a clear direction to go in.
- Hide the valuables – Even if you can trust your own child like the back of your hand, you never know what the other guests are capable of. To avoid stress and frustration, simply hide your valuables – expensive items and fragile ones – to steer clear of anything breaking or being stolen.
- Set a budget – Plan out specifically how much you want to spend on each facet of the party. From the food to the drinks to the décor, set a limit for the different categories so you can avoid any financial woes once the party is underway.
- Input from your teen – For the invitations, hand over the reins to your child so they can design them exactly how they want and send it out themselves. These days, it’s easier than ever, thanks to Evites and other online tools.
If you are in the midst of planning a party for your teenager, don’t fret, With these simple steps, you can revel in the excitement of it all and leave your worries at the door. If you would like to learn more about party planning, (and the cakes, cupcakes, and cookies that go with it!), visit us online today. We’ll see you there!