As an actor, you require headshots. They are necessary to show off your features and portray an image that says you are right for the role at hand. A great headshot is different for everyone; Isaiah Tanenbaum Photography provides actor photography and theatrical photography to residents in Long Island City, NY.
Here, they share the following tips to help you get that perfect shot to add to your portfolio:
- Present Yourself As You Are: Actor photos should sell your looks and personality, but they should not make you appear as something you are not. Your headshots should be a representation of how you will show up for your auditions.
- Take Care Of Your Skin Before The Shoot: The day before you see a photographer, get plenty of rest, drink a lot of water, and avoid alcohol. You want your skin to look its best while avoiding any dark circles.
- Practice Facial Poses & Expressions: To get the right looks when you are in front of the camera, it is best to practice beforehand in front of a mirror. The best way to get your facial expressions down is to run lines from your favorite dialogues and see how you control your features when portraying different emotions.
- Come Up With Characters: Develop characters you would like to bring to life in your headshots. Try to come up with a backstory and characteristics and have a wardrobe to help make your characters feel realistic.
- Put Together A Sensible Wardrobe: Wear clothes for your headshots that are comfortable and show off your features. You should not overdress, but your clothes should be neat and appear new. Simple dress shirts or dresses in solid patterns are good choices. Try sticking to darker colors as they drive attention to your face and eyes. Avoid wearing clothes with large logos, that glitter or sparkle, that are predominantly red, and turtlenecks.
If you are looking to update your portfolio with that perfect headshot, schedule a shoot with Isaiah Tanenbaum Photography today by calling (917) 692-5737. You can also find out more information on their services and view past work by visiting them online.