Whether you own a home or a commercial property, it’s important to protect what’s yours. Protect Institution in Florence, KY, knows that owning a firearm is a great way to add extra security to your property, but it’s also important to take certain safety precautions.
Gun ownership comes with responsibility, so let’s take a look at some of Protect Institution’s top firearms training and safety tips:
- Point Muzzle Away From People: At home or on the range, it’s imperative to keep the muzzle of your firearm pointed away from people. This is one of the first things the firearms training experts at Protect Institution will teach you in handgun basic training.
- Know Your Weapon: Just like any tool, you need to know your weapon in order to use it properly. Taking one of the firearm safety courses offered at Protect Institution will teach you about the weapon you own and how to use it safely.
- Safe Storage: Protect Institution recommends that you safely store all of your firearms when they're not in use. Consider investing in a gun vault or cabinet, which will allow you to keep your weapons under lock and key. Be sure to store them in a location that is inaccessible to children.
- Keep Ammo Separate: Storing your ammunition in a different location than your firearms can add another layer of safety to your property. Again, make sure all ammo is stored in a locked cabinet or vault that has limited access.
- Educate Your Family: If you’re a gun owner, it’s your responsibility to properly educate your family about firearm safety. Enroll your children in a firearm safety course when they’re old enough and make sure everyone in your family understands that a gun is not a toy.
To learn more about firearm safety and proper gun storage, consider enrolling in one of the many firearm safety courses at Protect Institution. They offer everything from concealed carry courses to advanced firearms training, so call them today at (859) 466-7279, or visit their website.