Looking for alternatives to standard fences? If you want to protect your pooch from traffic and train your pets to stay in your yard, Invisible Fence of Newtown in Fairfield County, CT recommends installing a pet containment system for your residential property. By doing so, you bypass the need to build a standard fence, saving you money and teaching your furry friend to behave themselves at all times.
If you've never had a pet containment system before, check out these electric dog fence training tips:
- No Distractions: While training your dog to respond to the dog fence, it's extremely important to eliminate all possible distractions. Your pooch needs to focus in on the lesson and adapt accordingly.
- Stay In Control: When you first introduce your pet to the electric dog fence, use a leash at all times. This allows you to keep your dog from running out in the middle of the street or missing the lesson altogether.
- Set Your Boundaries: To make the training process easier for you and your pet, mark the boundaries of your property with flags, so that you'll always remember exactly where the signal field is.
- Train Daily: Instead of heading outside once a week and training for hours on end, Invisible Fence of Newtown recommends spending about 10 to 15 minutes a day training with your pet.
- Be Patient: If you use positive and negative reinforcement, along with the methods provided in this guide, your puppy will be adequately trained to understand the electric dog fence you've installed.
Keep your puppy safe and out of harm's way with a dog fence from Invisible Fence of Newtown in Connecticut. To receive more information, contact them by calling (888) 429-2421 today or going online for details.